Octavia's moderation capabilities rely on an advanced AI model which processes every message sent to your community, allowing us to analyse the message to determine whether it breaks your communities rules.
To help you determine what categories you wish to moderate, below we outline the rules for categorisation.
Hate - High
- Incitement to Violence against any group of people, or an individual based on their membership of a protected class, including threats.
- Self-Harm (Serious with a time/method/plan) that isn't $ROPE.
- Violent Misogyny (including Rape Threats)
- Overt Nazism, or Denial of Hate/Terrorism event
Hate - Medium
- Incitement to violence against a specific person, including threats.
- Covert Nazism
- Support for terrorism or hate group
- General hate towards protected group
- Non-violent High Tier Misogyny
- Low Tier Slurs (Example: Misgenation, Race Traitor Claims etc)
Hate - Low
- Low Tier / Meme Level Misogyny
- General Racism not otherwise covered
- Support of known terrorists
- Implied hate towards protected group
- Other low-tier hateful content.
- Sexual Content
FUD, Shill and Pitch
Shill - Hard
- Outright Spam / Shilling for a project
- Sell announcements
Shill - Soft
- "Contextual" Spam
- Promoting other projects in a non-spammy way
- Other general soft shilling
FUD - Hard
- Outright claiming developers are lieing/cheating etc.
- Overt FUD around price/project success.
FUD - Soft
- Covert FUD
- Pretending to be part of the community / "expressing genuine concern" that is blatant
- People pitching their services, or attempting to contact admins for purposes of selling services.
- Content designed to start or maintain a religious conversation
- Content Designed to start or maintain a poltiical conversation (excluding crypto topics)
We use these categories to provide analytical services to you and improve our services.
- Crypto Conversation
- Community Conversation
- Project Conversation
- Support Conversation
In future we'll be improving our services further to include advanced analytics about your community over time. We're already collecting this data, so we're excited to expand our analytical services to help you grow your community. Additionally, we'll allow you to be more specific with your rules -- by adding text based rules to modify and allow/disallow different types of content to give you that granular control.
You can set the banned content in your dashboard, and the consequence for violations. We recommend muting for 5 minutes for violations, as we are able to filter violations within 150ms in most cases.